Global and Local Themes
Additional Global and Local Themes information can be found in the University Catalog under General Education Requirements.
Note: Not every course is offered each semester.
Global Science (select one course)
- AFRS 1501 - Africana Studies
- ANTH 1501 - An Introduction to Anthropology
- CAPI 1501 - Capitalism in Global Context
- COMM 1501 - Global and Intercultural Communication
- ECON 1501 - Global Social Science: Economics of Global Issues
- ESCI 1501 - Global Social Science: Environment, Society, and Sustainability
- GEOG 1501 - Global Social Science: World Geography
- INTL 1501 - Globalization and Interdependence
- LTAM 1501 - Introduction to Latin American Politics and Society
- POLS 1501 - Introduction to Comparative Politics
- SOCY 1501 - Sociological Approaches to Global Issues
Global Arts/Humanities (select one course)
- ARBC 1502 - Modern Arab Culture
- ARCH 1502 - Global Architecture, Culture, and Environment
- ARTA 1502 - Art in a Global Context
- CHNS 1502 - Chinese Culture in the World
- DANC 1502 - Dance in Global Contexts
- ENGL 1502 - Global Connections in English Studies
- FILM 1502 - Introduction to Film and Media Art
- FRAN 1502 - French and Francophone Cultures
- FREN 1502 - French and Francophone Cultures
- GERM 1502 - German and German-Speaking Cultures
- HIST 1502 - Issues in Global History
- HONR 1502 - Inquiry into the Visual Arts
- ITLN 1502 - Italian Culture in the World
- JAPN 1502 - Japanese Studies
- LACS 1502 - Introduction to Global Cultures
- LTAM 1502 - Introduction to Latin American History and Culture
- MUSC 1502 - Music in Global Communities
- PHIL 1502 - Global and Comparative Philosophy
- RELS 1502 - Other Worlds
- SPAN 1502 - Cultures of the Hispanic World
- THEA 1502 - Theatre in Global Contexts
- WGST 1502 - Introduction to Gender Studies Around the World
Local Social Science (select one course)
- ANTH 1511 - Money, Health, and Happiness
- CJUS 1511 - Foundations of Criminal Justice
- COMM 1511 - Health, Well-Being, and Quality of Life
- EDUC 1511 - Public Education and Schooling in the U.S.
- GEOG 1511 - Urban and Regional Planning
- HAHS 1511 - Issues of Health and Quality of Life
- HONR 1511 - Media Literacy in Contemporary Culture
- POLS 1511 - Introduction to American Politics
- SOCY 1511 - Sociological Approaches to Local Issues
- SOWK 1511 - The Field of Social Work
Local Arts/Humanities (select one course)
- AFRS 1512 - Africana Studies
- CAPI 1512 - Capitalism in the USA and Beyond
- CHNS 1512 - Chinese and Chinese Culture in the U.S.
- DANC 1512 - Dance in the United States
- ENGL 1512 - Local Connections in English Studies
- FRAN 1512 - French and Francophone Cultures in the U.S.
- FREN 1512 - French & Francophone Cultures in the U.S.
- HIST 1512 - Issues in US History
- HONR 1512 - Local Arts/Humanities
- ITLN 1512 - Italian Culture in the U.S.
- MUSC 1512 - Music in U.S. Communities
- PHIL 1512 - Philosophy and Community
- RELS 1512 - Religions in America
- SPAN 1512 - US Hispanic, Latina/o/x Topics
- THEA 1512 - Theatre in the United States
- WGST 1512 - Introduction to Gender Studies in the U.S.