What do Peer Advisors do?
Peer Advisors help students with basic advising questions and serve as a resource to connect University College students with their Advisor and general campus resources. Peer Advisors are able to answer general questions that students have about scheduling appointments, registering for classes, finding campus resources, etc. Peer Advisors can also help students with software programs like Connect, Banner Self Service, and DegreeWorks.
How can Peer Advisors help students?
Peer Advisors can assist University College students with:
- Scheduling appointments and using Connect
- Preparing for academic advising appointments
- Reviewing early and midterm alerts and discussing the next steps
- Connecting to campus resources
- Assisting with the registration process (understanding dates, terminology, errors, etc.)
- Understanding how to use advising/registration software (Banner Self Service, DegreeWorks, and Schedule Wizard)
How can students connect with a Peer Advisor?
- In-person - University College Advising Center, Colvard 2200
- Email - email@example.com
- Connect - Appointments & Message (Your Success Team)
- Google Chat - ucolpeeradvisor
Peer Advisors also offer workshops and open virtual zoom sessions. Students should check their email throughout the semester for updates from the Peer Advisors.