MATH 1100 & 1101
- Students who pass STAT 1222 with an A or B (or have transfer credit for STAT 1220) can register for MATH 1100 regardless of their Math Level. This will be listed and enforced as a pre-req in Banner.
- Students who do not earn an A or B will be dropped from MATH 1100.
- Students who do not earn an A or B in statistics can take ALEKS to earn a Math Level of 2 or higher to remain in MATH 1100.
- Students who do not have a Math Level or have a Math Level 1 from ACT/SAT scores, must complete ALEKS at least twice to register for MATH 1101.
- Students must increase their ALEKS score by 4 points to register for MATH 1101. Note: If a student completed ALEKS over the summer, they will need to complete ALEKS one additional time to increase their score by 4 points.
- If a student does not increase their score by 4 points on their second attempt, they must complete ALEKS a third time.
- If a student does not increase their score by 4 points on their third attempt, they should contact their advisor.
- Students with a Math Level 1 from an ACT/SAT score (or who only takes ALEKS once and does not increase their score by 4 points) have the following options:
- MATH 1102
- STAT 1222
- Self remediate in Hawkes (there is a fee for Hawkes, which is the students responsibility)
- If Hawkes is completed, the student should submit proof of completion to the Coordinator of Math Placement, Jeanne-Marie Linker at email@example.com. Hawkes charges a fee and takes more time in comparison to ALEKS, which is free and takes less time to complete.